The BC Restaurant Hall of Fame awards were launched to pay tribute to individuals, past or present, which have shaped the
vibrant culinary industry in British Columbia. Individuals will be inducted into the BC Restaurant Hall of Fame, annually,
under five selection categories:
- The Pioneer Award — celebrates the pioneers of the BC restaurant industry, either retired or deceased.
- The Active Restaurateur Award — celebrates the exceptional restaurateur who is currently active in the BC restaurant
- Friend of the Industry Award (supplier, Media, or politician who has consistently supported BC's restaurant industry) —
an individual who has provided exceptional support to the restaurant industry.
- The Industry Award (chef, server, manager, bartender, etc. - 2 awards):
An individual — retired, deceased or active who is or has been a chef, server, manager, bartender and who has
demonstrated exceptional professionalism working in the restaurant industry. These individuals will be recognized
for making their restaurant a special experience for customers.
- Front of house
- Back of house
- Builder (Including Supplier, Administrator, or Entrepreneur) — This special recognition award is presented from time
to time to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the hospitality industry in British Columbia, but who
may not otherwise qualify for induction into the Hall of Fame.
All nominees must have attained a high level of excellence and brought honour to British Columbia hospitality industry
through ongoing dedication to the development of the hospitality industry in British Columbia. The candidate must exemplify
good character and dedication, and provide inspiration to present and future generations.